Sarah Atchison, M.A., LMFT, CMHS
Co-owner of ITSNW
Manager of Bloom, Maternal and Infant Wellness Program
Sarah received her Master of Arts Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Pacific Lutheran University, and her Bachelor of Arts from the University of Puget Sound. She has a background in working with children, adolescents, couples, and families of all ages and from a variety of socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds. She has worked extensively with pregnant and postpartum women, young families, high-risk children, and families with multi-system involvement.
Sarah is a Perinatal Mental Health Specialist with a particular focus on working with postpartum depression.
Sarah is also a Child and Infant Mental Health Specialist (CMHS) working with families with children from birth to 5 years of age.
Sarah is certified by the Gottman Institute to provide the Bringing Baby Home™ Program to new and expectant parents.
Sarah specializes in supporting women, men and their families through pregnancy, postpartum concerns, and the transition to parenthood.
In addition to providing individual, couples and family therapy, Sarah, through the Bloom Program at Integrated Therapy Services NW, leads a variety of pregnancy, postpartum, and parenting support groups as well as teaches the Bringing Baby Home™ Program.
Sarah has a passion for working with new and expecting parents during this unique and often challenging time in their lives- a time punctuated with transitions, endings, and new beginnings. She believes that people who seek therapy are looking for ways to bring greater joy, happiness and satisfaction into their lives.
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Washington Association for Marriage & Family Therapy
- Pierce County Counselors Association
- Postpartum Support International - Professional Member
- Postpartum Support International of WA - Board of Directors
- Perinatal Mental Health Specialist
- Child Mental Health Specialist
- Certified Gottman Educator - Bringing Baby Home™
- South Sound Babywearing Network- Founder and Educator
- Birth Doula (DONA), 2008
- International Marce Society
253-460-7248 X 103